Muskoka Best Start Network
The Muskoka Best Start Network Direction
Best Start is described as a comprehensive, evidence-informed early learning and care strategy designed to give Ontario’s children the opportunity for healthy development and the best start in life. It involves an expansion of quality and affordable childcare and an expectation of actively moving towards coordinating resources and services with the goal of system integration. Best Start is about organizing resources within and across a community in order to support parents and children from birth to school.
Best Start is designed to give Ontario’s children the best possible start in life and help them achieve success in school. To achieve this objective, Muskoka’s Best Start service plans will:
- Help parents support their children,
- Help children in Muskoka to be ready to learn when they start Grade 1 and achieve success in school,
- Help make the transition to Grade 1 as smooth, seamless, and successful as possible for children and their families,
- Make high quality early learning and care available,
- Help parents by providing a variety of parenting supports,
- Help identify and provide support to children who need extra help, and
- Build on partnerships with communities and with the federal, provincial, and municipal levels of government.
Click here to view the TERMS OF REFERENCE.